Friday, March 19, 2010

Adorable Knitted Tea Cozy


IMG_3653
Originally uploaded by bssdpersonnel
When my niece was a little we used to love to have tea parties. I still love to brew a pot of tea in the afternoons as I’m working on my next project. For years, I have searched for just the right tea cozy that would be unique and an adorable centerpiece when my teapot was not in use. I found it!!!

I made one for my niece in colors to match her kitchen; she says that it brings back such nice memories of our girl time together. I made another one just for you! If you prefer a custom color, please let me know; it takes about a week to create one.

I lovingly knit this tea cozy in a smoke free home. It will fit a small pot that is 2 to 2 ½ pints (about 32 - 40oz.). It is made in one piece with the little mouse sewn on the top. (Ah, what a great place to snooze- on top of a warm teapot!)

The tea cozy will fit a pot that measures at least 5 inches tall and about 14 inches in circumference. It will stretch a bit. The little mouse on top makes the cozy a total of 9 inches high. Although the cozy is made from acrylic worsted weight yarn, which can be machine-washed, your little cozy should be hand-washed and air-dried to keep the mouse looking his best.

The china set shown in the picture is not included. They will give you an idea as to the size of the cozy.

Acrylic yarn and polyester fiberfill for the mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment